xlt file format error from CL-5.5.1 to QDX-5.3.3

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf xlt file format error from CL-5.5.1 to QDX-5.3.3

• Creator
    Topic
    Francis Kalinoski
    Participant

Test system is runnig CL-5.5.1.  Prod system is runnig QDX-5.3.3.  When xlt file moved from test to prod and then accessed in prod via gui got the following error.

File ‘Translate.xlt’ is malformed:  FileFormatException File ‘/integrator/qdx5.3/integrator/live_of/Xlate/Translate.xlt’ is malformed at line 8: VERSION value ‘6.0’ not in [3.1,4.0,5.0] null.

More on xlt file in test shows

prologue

xlt_infile: hl7 2.3 Generic_2.3 RDE

who:        kalfr1

date:       April 11, 2008 3:09:17 PM PDT

xlt_outfile:        hl7 2.3 Generic_2.3 RDE

type:       xlt

version:    6.0

end_prologue

{ { OP COMMENT }

grep -E “version” *.xlt in live indicates all xlt files = version 5.0

grep -E “version” *.xlt in test indicates MOST xlt files = version 5.0, but FEW are version 6.0.

Cause?

Solution? 🙁

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      John Hamilton
      Participant

Are test and prod on the same system?

How did you move the file ?

When I have seen this error in the past it is because I either had mismatched braces or Brackets or I ftp’d it from one system to the other and in translation it converted something to make the translation incorrect.

Where exactly are you getting this error. Have you tried to just bring it up in the translation configurator?

Tom Rioux
      Participant

It appears your prod server is expecting the Xlates to be either one of three versions:

3.1 or 4.0 or 5.0

I bet if you change the version on your xlate to say 5.0 it will work just fine.

Hope this helps…

Tom Rioux

Francis Kalinoski
      Participant

Apparently whenever a xlt in test/5.5.1 is modified, the version number is changed from 5.0 (what it was in QDX-5.3.3) to 6.0.

Where do change the version?

Tom Rioux
      Participant

Francis,

I found that the same thing happened when I just tried to modify an xlate in our test 5.5.  However, when I attempted to bring the xlate back up via the GUI, I did not get an error.  There must be some sort of setting somewhere that can be modified.  Maybe Charlie, Rob, or someone at Healthvision knows the answer.

Thanks…

Tom Rioux

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

why not simply run hcixltconvert?

Francis Kalinoski
      Participant

hcixltconvert was run during the conversion from QDX-5.3.3 to CL-5.5.1 on the test system – as per instructions.

It appears that any xlt from QDX-5.3.3 on the upgraded test system is changed from version 5 to version 6 when it is edited in CL-5.5.1, and then it becomes backward incompatible.

Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

Quote:

It appears that any xlt from QDX-5.3.3 on the upgraded test system is changed from version 5 to version 6 when it is edited in CL-5.5.1, and then it becomes backward incompatible.

Xlates configured in 5.3 must be run through hcixltconvert to work in 5.5.  

Xlates configured in 5.5 will not work in 5.3, since the file format has changed.

We work very hard to insure that upgrading interface objects from one release to another is seamless.  We have never provided support for downgrading interface objects.

I think it’s a bad idea in general to develop interfaces on a new release and expect them to work on an old release.

You can change the version number if you want, to see if it will work.  The version number is stored in the prologue in the xlt file.

Rob Abbott
      Director, Product Management - Infor Cloverleaf

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags