Using Xlate to create an A03

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Using Xlate to create an A03

• Creator
    Topic
    Stuart Grimes
    Participant

I am receiving an A04 message.  When it hits the the xlate I send the A04 and create an A03.  In the testing tool it works.  The A04 gets sent and then the A03.  But when I send the message in the route,  the xlate sends the A03 first and then the A04.  Every time it does this.  I’ve tried using a delay between sends, and I have tried modifying the MSH date/time field along with the MSH control ID and the Security ID.  Why is it sending the A03 first.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Milfajt
      Participant

Post your Xlate code here.  Sounds like a CONTINUE/SUPPRESS type of issue, and how you are duplicating in Xlate, but without the code, it’s hard to tell for sure.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Stuart Grimes
      Participant

See attachment for Xlate

Stuart Grimes
      Participant

I got it working.  I just reversed the code.

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

Glad you got it to work.  I think the SEND might have thrown you off, I usually use CONTINUE in my Xlates to generate a second message.  I’m sure someone else on this board might have better insights on the differences between SEND and CONTINUE.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Stuart Grimes
      Participant

I think send does post proc processing and continue skips it.  No sure about that though.  It works either way on my code.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

SEND sends the message directly to the destination thread bypassing post Xlate processing.

CONTINUE moves the message to the next step in the engine handling.

I ALWAYS use CONTINUE, unless the specifications and requirement of the particular integration is to bypass post xlate processing, and that is what I teach in my Xlate ITERATE class.

In 23 years of doing integrations with Cloverleaf and primarily using Xlates, I cannot recall more than one need to use SEND.

There is a ‘time-bomb’ quality with the use of SEND  this is also covered in my class.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

And I’ll bet that time bomb is what gave you the two different results, i.e., working in testing tool, failing in practice.

Thanks for the info Jim, I thought CONTINUE was better, it’s good to get the confirmation.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags