Trying to copy PR1 level 0 to PR1 level 1

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Trying to copy PR1 level 0 to PR1 level 1

• Creator
    Topic
    Yamil Velez
    Participant

Hi  All

I am trying to copy a segment in this case is PR1 level 0 to PR2 level 1.

example   0(0).PR1 -> 1(0).0(0).PR1

I tried the following but was unsucessful to get the message across.

iterate

type = segment

basis = 0(0).PR1

variable = %s1

pathcopy  0(0).PR1 -> 1(0).0(0).PR1

If anybody can help me with this problem, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Yamil

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yamil,

First I think your basis is incorrect – double check that.

Second even when the basis is correct, you need to place your iteration counter in the proper place in the address paths of your inbound and outbound fields in the PATHCOPY.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Yamil Velez
      Participant

Hi Jim

I tried this but it still does not pass over.  

Thanks

Yamil

Yamil Velez
      Participant

Hi Jim

Sorry forgot to added the changes.   This is what I have now but it still does not pass the segment over.

type = segment

basis = 0(0).PR1

variable = %s1

pathcopy  0(0).PR1(%s1) -> 1(0).0(0).PR1 (%s1)

Thanks

Yamil

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yamil,

Are you sure that is a repeating segment and not a repeating group?

Run the inbound message through the HL/7 Testing tool and show us all of the PR1.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Yamil Velez
      Participant

Hi Jim

I am not sure if I did this right but I went testing tool and here is the output

0(0).PR1(0).#1(0).[0]  :  >””< 0(0).PR1(0).#2(0).[0]  :  >””< 0(0).PR1(0).#3(0).[0]  :  >””< 0(0).PR1(0).#4(0).[0]  :  >””< 0(0).PR1(0).#5(0).[0]  :  >””< 0(0).PR1(0).#6(0).[0]  :  >””< 0(0).PR1(0).#8(0).[0]  :  >””< 0(0).PR1(0).#9(0).[0]  :  >””< 0(0).PR1(0).#11(0).[0]  :  >””< 0(0).PR1(0).#12(0).[0]  :  >””< 0(0).PR1(0).UNKNOWN.[0]  :  >””

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yamil,

What you sent looks like this is a repeating segment (it would be nice to have a message with multiple PR1s to make sure).

Make sure your outbound variant indeed has the PR1 as a repeating segment and not a repeating group.

If both are truly rpeating segments, then what you have shown should work.

Please note I don’t work a lot with PATHCOPY so I am not sure of that syntax.

Also I note your tester output shows all of the PR1 field inbound are ‘active nulls’.

What Message/event Type are these messages?

Yamil Velez
      Participant

Hi Jim

Thanks for the help it looks like you said the error may be in the message, for some reason when I tried  a different message the PR1 segment went though

Thanks again

Yamil

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags