Triggering an Alert

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Triggering an Alert

• Creator
    Topic
    Rob Parnell
    Participant

I am trying to trigger an Alert when a thread does not receive a message.  I have a thread that only receive one file a day at around 1600 to 1630.  I would like to trigger an alert if I dont receive any message during that time.  Would this work with lastr?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Rob,

You should be able to do this with the ‘lastr’ option, in conjunction with the scheduling options for the alert.  Just have the alert only active during the hours of 16:00 – 16:59, and set the condition to be something like ‘last receive’ >= 1800 for 1 minute (or whatever would be appropriate for that timeframe).  That way if the thread doesn’t receive a message for 30 minutes and the condition lasts for 1 minute (a net of 31 minutes), the alarm would trigger.   You may want to schedule a ‘bounce’ of the thread just prior to 16:00, as the alert may trigger immediately since nothing comes over prior to 16:00; bouncing the thread just prior to 16:00 would reset the thread condition to a fresh state.

Hope this helps.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags