Testing Tool – hciroutetest bug in QDX 5.4 GUI?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Testing Tool – hciroutetest bug in QDX 5.4 GUI?

• Creator
    Topic
    Troy Morton
    Participant

I’d like to use the ROUTE testing tool to produce a NL delimited file, however, it appears that I can only output a LEN10 encoded file which I cannot easily use with any UNIX commands to parse, view or otherwise pull messages from my created file.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Troy, you probably know this already, but you can see all the switches by running the command from the command line.

> hcitpstest

> hciroutetest

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Troy Morton
      Participant

Yeah, there isn’t an argument listed for the hciroutetest to specify the outbound file format.

However, if you view the source for the hciroutetestsavebydest proc, it clearly accepts parameters for the output directory and the ouput file type, defaulting to LEN10.

######################################################################
      # hciroutetestsavebydest – append a message to a file based on dest
      # Args: hciroutetest keyedlist containing:
      # MSGID message handle
      # ARGS keyed list of user supplied arguments containing:
      # SAVEBASE basename for save file
      # STYLE save style (defaults to len10)
      #
      # Notes: Message is appended to ., using format.
      # This proc is provided mainly for hciroutetest’s internal
      # use; users are, of course, free to use it.

proc hciroutetestsavebydest { args } {
      [code]######################################################################
      # hciroutetestsavebydest – append a message to a file based on dest
      # Args: hciroutetest keyedlist containing:
      # MSGID message handle
      # ARGS keyed list of user supplied arguments containing:
      # SAVEBASE basename for save file
      # STYLE save style (defaults to len10)
      #
      # Notes: Message is appended to ., using format.
      # This proc is provided mainly for hciroutetest’s internal
      # use; users are, of course, free to use it.

proc hciroutetestsavebydest { args } {

What happens when you try it from the command line?

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Troy Morton
      Participant

I figured it out.

The GUI is leaving out the “” which are required around the hciroutetestsavebydest proc and its arguments.

The following command, copied and pasted from the GUI to the command line doesn’t work.
      />hciroutetest -d -f nl -e hciroutetestsavebydest {BASE /qdxtest/qdx5.4/integrator/troytest/testdata/TRvarianroute} {STYLE nl} TRvarian /qdxtest/qdx5.4/integrator/troytest/testdata/TOvarian.hl7
      Usage: hciroutetest [-a] [-d] [-e “proc args”] [-f format] [-L] [-r thread] [-s savebase] thread file

[code]/>hciroutetest -d -f nl -e hciroutetestsavebydest {BASE /qdxtest/qdx5.4/integrator/troytest/testdata/TRvarianroute} {STYLE nl} TRvarian /qdxtest/qdx5.4/integrator/troytest/testdata/TOvarian.hl7
      Usage: hciroutetest [-a] [-d] [-e “proc args”] [-f format] [-L] [-r thread] [-s savebase] thread file

Russ Ross
      Participant

I always remembered just copy/paste from the GUI to a script for making test scripts.

After looking around I found a similar script I saved for audit purposes to show the testing that had been done and it had the double quotes.

I beleive this was in late 2004 and probably on cloverleaf 3.5.5.

I ran a test on Cloverleaf 5.2 and the double quotes did not show up like you have observed even if I gave the proc arguments.

Fortunately, on Cloverleaf 5.6 the double quotes did show in the IDE once I started giving the proc arguments so looks like someone did notice it and fixed it in more recent versions of Cloverleaf.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags