temporary variables in a HL7 translation

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf temporary variables in a HL7 translation

• Creator
    Topic
    Bahram Aziz
    Participant

Hi I have two questions to regarding temporyary variables.

1. @date variable. When I use the @date variable on my source side, I see that in translated message the date appears in this format, yyyymmdd, (8 characters) 20071205. I would like to have the date appear in 14 character format like this, yyyymmddhhmmss, 20071205110012. Is there a variable that will give me the date and time in this format. The @now variable is like the @date variable.

2. In my translation I would like to combine multiple variables and then put the result into a Destination field.

Code:

source                                                           destination

field1                                                             @fname
    field2                                                             @lname
    field3                                                             @mname
    @fname^@mname^@lname                             destinationField

When I do this in my HL7 translation I get an compiler error.

Is these a better way to do this. How do I combine the stored values from 3 or more source fields into a destination field with the ^ or ~ seperaters.

thanks,

Bahram

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      John Hamilton
      Participant

I assume this is HL7 to HL7.

I just did an @date to a filed and it appers to have the full date.

I used the datecopyopt to remove the GMT stuff.

Plus.

Did you on the filed copy put them on the same line or seperate line.

I’m think that

@fname

@mname

@lname

and not @fname^@mname^@lname will give you what you need.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Bahram,

#1 – Check to make sure the length of the date field you are populating (in the outbound variant) is of sufficient length to hold the entire date/time value you want. If it is not make it longer in the variant.

#2 – Use the component notation in your path address for the field (eg 0(0).XXX.00123.[0] and (0).XXX.00123.[1]  where the value inside the square brackets [] specifies which component. Then the Xlate will place the apprpopriate compnent separator (in this case a ^) for you. That way if you ever need to change the value of the component separator, you simply change the MSH-2 and the Xlate takes care of it for you.

So you can COPY directly from the inbound fields to the specific outbound components.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags