Sqlite – locked database

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Sqlite – locked database

• Creator
    Topic
    David Harrison
    Participant

I have a bi-directional ordercomms interface and I

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      David Barr
      Participant

You could probably use “catch”.

James Cobane
      Participant

You can use ‘catch’ along with a ‘while’ loop to keep trying until the DB is available; i.e.

set retcd 1

while {$retcd} {

David Harrison
      Participant

I’ve managed to find some information on the Sqlite website <a href="http://www.sqlite.org/tclsqlite.html#busy&#8221; class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.sqlite.org/tclsqlite.html#busy

It suggests setting a timeout to wait a while until the db is hopefully unlocked or using the ‘busy’ method but it doesn’t give any examples. Is this where the catch command comes in?

Right. In James’ example above, the script will loop until the sql statement returns 1 (i.e., it ran successfully).

-- Max Drown (Infor)

David Harrison
      Participant

I’ll run with that. Thanks

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

It might be prudent to put some limit so that you do not end up in that loop endlessly (that would not be good).

Of course then you need to determine what constitutes a prudent, useful limit.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

David Harrison
      Participant

That did occur to me so instead I’ve put in the line ‘db timeout 2000’ which, according to the documentation, should retry for 2 seconds during which time hopefully the database should no longer be locked. It seems the safer option as it’s a live ordercomms interface.

David, how has this been working for you since you made your change?

-- Max Drown (Infor)

David Harrison
      Participant

Max,

It’s worked ok as I haven’t had any ‘database locked’ errors with the code I’ve implemented it in. I have had the problem arise with other procs so you’ve prompted me to make the changes elsewhere.

Thanks,

Dave

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags