Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf SMAT FILES QUESTION

  • Creator
  • #51446
    mike brown

    I am wondering how everyone else is doing it, we currently save of SMAT FILES at 2300 0800 1200 ad 1700.

    How are they being saved off at other hospitals, is there a best way or is it preference to the hosptital. ideas??


    Mike Brown

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #70339
      Kevin Crist

      We currently save our smat files at 11:15 and 23:15 daily and keep them for 2 weeks. But we only process about 85 -90,000 messages a day.

    • #70340
      Jim Kosloskey

      In a very large envuironment where there are different source types of messages and thus potentially different arrival rate volumes, you might want to consider having different archival time frames per integration. That way you are not incurring the cost of archiving too soon (having maybe practiaclly empty archives) nor not archiving frequently enough.

      Actually you might find that valuable in any environment. For example let’s say you have an inbound that arrives 25,000 messages per day and that inbound serves 3 outbounds.

      Outbound 1 receives all the messages that arrived from the inbound (25,000 in our example).

      Outbound 2 receives a lesser amount due to mesage filtering (let’s say around 10,00 in our example).

      Outbound 3 because of heavy filtering may only receive 10 – 20 messages per day.

      The inbound SMAT would probably want to be archived at a certain interval and Outbound 1 would probably follow that same schedul, Outbound 2 could probably be archived less frequently that Inbound and Outbound1, and Outbound  3 probably only needs to be archived once per day.

      Another consideration is knowing the peak demand periods and arranging the archiving so that those are captured appropriately versus the quieter and perhaps even absolutely quiet times.

      For example:

      Assum our 25,000 are not evenly spread out in the workday.

      Let’s say that 80% arrive between 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM the other 20% between 7:00 PM and 8:00 AM.

      Now let’s further observe that 30% arrive between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM and another 30% arrive between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM.

      You could further refine your archiving to archive the peak demand periods (8:00 AM – 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM); having one archival from 7:00 PM to 8:00 AM and break the other time frames up accordingly.

      Moreover, there may even be slack dfays (such as the weekend where our theoretical arrival rate drops to 5,000 messages per day with totally different peak demand patterns.

      Taking all of the above and other conditions as you observe them into consideration you could have a very tailored archival process.


    • #70341
      mike brown

      Thanks Jim that s the way we are leaning for the SMAT FILE SAVE off as you stated.

    • #70342
      mike brown

      Thanks Kevin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Topic Tags