SFTP file

• Creator
    Topic
    Rick Pritchett
    Participant

I need to SFTP a file from the engine to a vendor.  Has anyone else done this?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      garry r fisher
      Participant

Hi,

Yes, I have. I cheated and used a scriptable third party SFTP client – I used WinSCP.

I wrote a Tcl script that built an ftp script on the fly adding parameters etc as it ran. I then exec’d WinSCP with the script name in a catch statement so I could chec for failure/success.

This is used to send financial data between various council offices and a centralised financial system – There are over 40 files sent every day of a range of sizes and this has been working without issue for nearly a year now.

Regards

Garry

John Mercogliano
      Participant

Rick,

I’m currently on HP UX 11.11 running 5.2.  I’ve written a tcl package that uses expect to script an sftp session that might be of some use to you.  It has been working great for about 6 months in production with no problems.

I’ve been able to test it with Globalscape sftp server and sftp server on HP 11.11.  On HP I was able to use it with a certificate instead of a password.

I’ve also attached a snippet from one of my files where I use the package.  Hope you can use it.

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags