Properly Formatted Disconnect Message

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Properly Formatted Disconnect Message

• Creator
    Topic
    John Zalesak
    Participant

We have had two different vendors tell us that when the engine is disconnecting from them, it is not sending them a properly formatted disconnect message.  It is causing broken pipe type issues in there systems.

We have alerts that bounce connections on last received and outbound que depth.  I use a tcl proc to process the alert.  I bounce it first and see if it corrects itself.  If it does not fix it, it sends out emails to notify the appropriate people.  The commands I issue for the bounce are:

hcicmd -p $ProsName -p $ConnName phold_obd

hcicmd -p $ProsName -p $ConnName pstop

hcicmd -p $ProsName -p $ConnName pstart

This causes broken pipes and I cause broken pipes if I bounce the connection from the GUI as well.

Is there a way to bounce a connection that sends out a disconnect message first???

Thanks in advance,

John Z

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Charlie Bursell
      Participant

I beleive the second -p is actually a -c and the command is within quotes?

Cloverleaf TCP/IP is implemented IAW RFC which says it is to send a FIN when closing and then goes into a FIN WAIT state.  You can see this in Figure 6 of the RFC: http://www.faqs.org/ftp/rfc/pdf/rfc793.txt.pdf

Of course if the connection crashes all bets are off.  ðŸ˜‰

If you are speaking of something at the application level, I suppose you might be able to do something via the shutdown command.

I would put a sniffer on the line to see who is really doing what.

John Zalesak
      Participant

Charlie,

You are correct, the second -p is really a -c and yes there are quotes.  I also get the stats on the thread to see how things went and take action depending on result.  Here is the actual code:

catch [exec $HciRoot/bin/hcicmd -p $ProsName -c “$ConnName phold_obd”]

sleep 2

catch [set ThrdStats [msiGetStatSample $ConnName]]

keylget ThrdStats PSTATUS HoldStat

Looks like we need to do some more leg work to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for pointing us in the correct direction.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags