Multiple threads listening to same port?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Multiple threads listening to same port?

• Creator
    Topic
    Bevan Richards
    Participant

I just finished the Level 1 training last week and now have to set up a new site.  In doing this I have a production site running and a thread on it listening to a port for data comming in (HL7) and routing it to another thread.

I was wondering if instead of doing a loop-out of that data to a new site, could I setup a thread on that site and have it listen the same port?

Pros? if possable.

Cons?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rentian Huang
      Participant

I don’t think you can have 2 threads listening to the same port, only one of them will connect. You need to do a site to site route.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Bevan,

If you just want a new destination for the source messages, create a new outbound thread and route the desired messages to it in the same process/site.

If there is some other reason you might want to listen to the same port, clarify here and maybe we can assist.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com

Bevan Richards
      Participant

Jim,

Thanks.  I was just thinking of avoiding the loopout/in type of connections.  No real imperative.  Just being lazy I guess.

Michael Hertel
      Participant

Bevan,

I’m not sure what you mean by loop out but like Jim said, you can

have multiple routes in the inbound thread pointing to many different outbound interfaces.

This is known as “one to many” interfaces.

Preferably you want to keep them in the same process.

outbound1

/

inbound

outbound2

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags