Multiple file records in, One HL7 record out?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Multiple file records in, One HL7 record out?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Duke,

I think you can set the file ‘Style’ on the configuration as ‘Single’ and it will read the entire file as one message.

Then hopefully your HRL is configured for a repeating VRL and you are ITERATEing through the repetitions.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Duke Bitterman
      Participant

Thanks, Jim

One thiing that also puzzled me is that I always thought that the HL7 output message had to always start with an MSH (before the FHS). I have seen this type of output message used as an input message, but it always had an MSH before the FHS segment. Is that true?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Duke,

My recollection is an HL/7 batch usually starts with at least a BSH but can begin with an FSH followed by a BSH.

The concept is the FSH describes the File in which there could be one or more batches (the BSH/BTS segment set encases the messages in side the batch). The file encasement is ended with an FTS segment after the last BTS.

Inside each batch (BSH/BTS beg/end segments) there can be one or more Messages (MSH, etc.).

However, Cloverleaf(R) does not handle batches natively so many folks put an MSH on the very front and imbed the FSH,BSH stuff after that. I think you should find some Tcl procedures to break that all up, etc. Mostly I have seen this with single message batches.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Kevin Scantlan
      Participant

We had 2 systems using TCP/IP where the entire batch beginnning with a BHS and ending with a BTS comes as one message.  I set up the first script in the inbound TPS to be one where it strips off the BHS and BTS and sends out one message per MSH.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags