Missing Segments

• Creator
    Topic
    Sandi Meyers
    Participant

I have an iterate that allows for repeating OBX segments and an IF that suppresses OBX segments if field 5 is null.  But I need to allow for possible repeating NTE segments also.  I can get the NTE segment (haven’t tried a repeating one yet)  but when the NTE segment comes any OBX segments that should follow do not.

I have a group that contains OBR’s that I iterate on, and then within that group is a group that contains the OBX and NTE segments I need to repeat.

Any ideas.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Tom Rioux
      Participant

What does your iterate for your OBX/NTE group look like?  It sounds like you don’t have your iterate variables set up correctly.  If you have group like the following:

{

OBR

{

OBX

[{NTE}]

}

}

Your OBR should be something like:  1(0).1(%g1).0(0).OBR

Your OBX should be something like:  1(0).1(%g1).1(%g2).OBX

Hope this helps…

Tom Rioux

Baylor Health Care Systems

Sandi Meyers
      Participant

The group looks like this.

{

OBR

{

{OBX}

[{NTE}]

}

}

I am going to check my groupings.  I may be off a place.  

Thanks you have been a great help  I will let you know.

Sandi Meyers
      Participant

From what I can see I have the groupings correct.  I get the repeating OBX segments.  And I get the NTE but if there are any OBX after an NTE mit doesn’t show up.  Everything stops after the NTE.  ??

Tom Rioux
      Participant

You mentioned that your grouping looks like this:

OBR

{             <-- These curly braces should control the OBX.   {OBX}   <-- So these curly braces around this OBX aren't need   [{NTE}]  }            <-- These curly braces should control the OBX. } Try removing the curly braces from around the OBX and see if it works for you. Hope this helps…. Tom Rioux

Sandi Meyers
      Participant

Great, I did it and that worked.  I also had to move the iterate for the NTE segment onto the second group iterate.  So far everything looks good.  I am ging to test with mutiple NTE segments to confirm.

Thanks so much for all your help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags