Mirth – anyone connecting to a system using Mirth?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Mirth – anyone connecting to a system using Mirth?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

All,

I am looking for any information I can get regarding connecting to this product.

If you want to contact me off of this forum, please feel free to email me directly.

Thanks,

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Kevan Riley
      Participant

We have one interface to a Mirth “engine”.  It is working fine now, but the initial testing was bumpy.  The main issue being that the default behavior for Mirth is to break the tcp/ip connection after every message.  This then pollutes the engine log with PDL warnings.

Working with the vendor (the one using Mirth, not the developers of) we were eventually able to resolve that issue.

Currently that particular interface is up and working with out issue, and has been for a couple of months.  

(feel free to contact me directly if you want to take this discussion off-line)

Kevan Riley

James Cobane
      Participant

Jim,

We also have one interface that connects with Mirth; we are receiving MDM transactions from eHealth that we send on to our EMR.  We also had issues with the way Mirth was breaking the connection and re-connecting.  We found that Mirth would break the connection and would re-connect, but Mirth would not recognize the new connection on it’s local port; it would send on the old local port and expect the ACK to come over the old local port.  eHealth ended up configuring a separate port to receive the ACK’s and forcing a close of the sending port.  We raised our “Re-open” time to 20 seconds to allow enough time for a full close of the old local port (on eHealth) and a “clean” re-connect on the new local host port.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags