Log History Tab

• Creator
    Topic
    Gary Atkinson
    Participant

In site preferences for the Network Monitor, there is a Log History tab.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Bob Schmid
      Participant

I too am a little confused on 5.6’s loghistory.

I have all my sites enabled via the Netmonitor and than nightly, via a ksh script, I issue the hcicmds:

The monitor logs are working:

ie. hcicmd -t d -p hcimonitord -c “cycle” for the monitor logs

cycles the logs to the $HCISITEDIR/exec/hcimonitord/LogHistory folder

Tom Rioux
      Participant

I enabled LogHistory on one of my sites to test this out.  Here is what I am seeing.  After enabling the LogHistory, I bounced all processes and all daemons, assuming this needed to be done in order for it to take affect.  In my process directory before this, I had a .log and a .old file.  When I bounced everything, it created the LogHistory directory and the most recent log file was sent to the LogHistory directory.  The .old was blown away…nowhere to be found.   Then I went out there from the NetMonitor and performed a “cycle output”.  It did not create a .old file in the process directory but instead just moved the .log file to the LogHistory directory.  If this is the case, you may want to rethink some existing scripts you have in place that deal with .old directories.  

Hope this helps….

Tom Rioux

Gary Atkinson
      Participant

Ah, you need to bounce the process  😳 I also lost the .old log as well.  That part needs to be added in the help section…..

Bob Schmid
      Participant

Thanks Gary. I’ll give it a try.

Bob

Bob Schmid
      Participant

Thanks Gary!

Gary Atkinson
      Participant

I received a reply from support.  This function does not cycle the hcimonitord log only the process logs.  To cycle the hcimonitord log you can run this command:
      hcicmd -t d -p hcimonitord [code]hcicmd -t d -p hcimonitord

Bob Schmid
      Participant

that is in and running well..it was the location that  the process cycles were putting the logs….which was solved by bouncing the processes.

Im all set and appreciate everyone’s help. This is a great Forum  ❗

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags