Length Mismatch in when trying to open SMAT file

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Length Mismatch in when trying to open SMAT file

• Creator
    Topic
    Karri Hughes
    Participant

We are getting a strange error when opening a file in HCISMAT.  

Offset/length mismatch at message 479 (432344 != 432969) and this repeats for all of the messages past 479

I am assuming that somehow my message length for a certain message got messed up causing HCISMAT not to know where to start or end each message.  Does anyone know what would have caused this or how to fix it.  We had a hard crash last week, so I’m assuming that caused the problem.  Although we have had crashes in the past without this occuring.  It affects several threads and they apprear to be within the same site.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karri Hughes

IT Analyst

St. John Medical Center

Tulsa, OK

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Tom Rioux
      Participant

Karri,

One thing you may want is to take a look at the file and see if there are any non-printable control characters in message 479 or either one before or after.   This can cause all sorts of quirky things to happen.  You can look this up by either doing a hex dump or open it up in the HL7 tester.  In the HL7 tester, the non-printable control characters will show up sometimes as a small square.

Hope this helps….

Tom Rioux

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags