HRL Repeat Block usage.

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf HRL Repeat Block usage.

• Creator
    Topic
    Brad Dorr
    Participant

Does anyone have an example of an HRL that is using the Repeat Block feature?  I have an inbound file that basically looks like this:

A

B

C

C

C

C

B

C

C

B

C

C

Although I can get the Repeating C’s to work with the Repeat While function, I can’t get the HRL to repeat the BCCC block.  

I read a post out here which said that Cloverleaf Support confirmed that the Repeat Block feature doesn’t work.  However, that post was from 2006, so I am hoping that things have improved in the last 2 years.  I am trying this on release 5.4.1.

Any guidence would be appreciated.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      sylaja suseela
      Participant

Hi Brad,

Have you been successful in using Repeat Block feature in HRL for cloverleaf version 5.4.1?

Thanks,

Sylaja

Brad Dorr
      Participant

To tell you the truth I do not even remember posting this.  I do not think we ever used it.  So I guess I do not need any more help with it.  Thanks.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Sylaja,

Do you have a need for an HRL?

If so give your requirements and we will see if we can assist.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Brad Dorr
      Participant

No we do not at this time.  Most of our engines are now running on 5.7 rev2 anyways.  Thanks.

sylaja suseela
      Participant

Thank you Jim,

I am trying to translate HL7 lab result message to a flat/txt file with the intension to load it into Oracle Tables.  So I wrote a VRL and XLT to translate HL7 to VRL and have just found out (after reading other posts here) that VRL’s can’t handle repeats. So I am going to write HRL but not sure how to handle the repeating ORC, OBR & OBX.

Before I continue I would like to hear from someone who already did a similar translation and is successful..clover ver 5.4.1

Regards,

Sylaja

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Sylaja,

That is doable.

What you do is set up a VRL for each segment’s information naming the first field something like ‘Segment_ID’ (you could call it anything), make it 3 character length field and always populate this field with the appropriate segment value (like OBX), follow with whatever other fields you need for that segment.

Then in the HRL, add that VRL (let’s say the VRL is called OBX) and click on the ‘Repeat While’ Radio buttun in the ‘Repeat Options’ pnel and fill in the ‘Field:’ text box with ‘OBX.Segment_ID’ and the ‘Value:’ Text box with ‘OBX’.

Do the above for each of the segments.

For groups of segments (like the OBX group) you would define one HRL for each group (with its appropriate VRLs) then reference that HRL withint another HRL.

Example HRL ORU_R01 contains:

VRL – MSH

VRL – PID

HRL -ORC

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags