how to get my tcl exec to run in background on windows 2000

› Clovertech Forums › Read Only Archives › Cloverleaf › Cloverleaf › how to get my tcl exec to run in background on windows 2000

  • Creator
    Topic
  • #48697
    Nancy McDaniel
    Participant

      I am trying to get my tcl exec to run in the background.  I can re-direct the output and stderr (ex. 2>&1) but this shouldn’t cause the actual process to right in the background correct??

      I saw something in my researching indicating that I can put it after the last arg on my exec but my called exec says I have passed it too many args.  

      I am doing the following

      if { [catch {exec $callprog $arg1 $arg2} resulterr] } {

         puts “unsuccessful call $resulterr”

      }

      else { puts “successful call” }

      I have tried re-directing stdout/stderr.  Any ideas on how to get it to run in the background?

      thanks,

      Nancy

    • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.