How do I elminate SMAT File Locks on AIX Cloverleaf 5.4.1

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf How do I elminate SMAT File Locks on AIX Cloverleaf 5.4.1

• Creator
    Topic
    Stephen Mattei
    Participant

I am running 5.4.1 on AIX, version listed below. What I want to do is disable the file locks on SMAT files so that we do not have to bring down the thread to examine a SMAT file. I have searched through help content and could not find anything that specifically tells me how to accomplish this task. In the past I have worked on 5.1 and 5.5 machines running Sun and Linux that did not have the lock on the SMAT file. I know that you could do a cycle save but that would create multiple fragmented files that are not advantageous from archiving perspective. There are references in the help content to HCISITECTL but no applicable arguments to accomplish this task. I also found a reference to creating a file named

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Stephen,

You cannot eliminate that in AIX.

However, I believe release 5.7 of Cloverleaf(R) (maybe 5.6) has done away with that lock.

So update when it is available!

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com

Stephen Mattei
      Participant

Thanks for the information. At least I can stop looking now. I miss Linux…  🙁

LeeAnne Kardas
      Participant

I was told that the file locks on SMAT is gone on Cloverleaf Version 5.6.  Can anyone who is on Cloverleaf Version 5.6 and AIX confirm this?

Thank you,

confirmed!!

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags