FTP questions

• Creator
    Topic
    Yvonne Gaffney
    Participant

I am trying to understand the FTP process a bit better.  Can anyone tell me a bit about the “FTP Scheduling” (not advanced scheduling).  The default settings are Read Interval: 5, Max Messages: 1, and Scan Interval:30.    What happens if I change these?  Do I need to incread the read or scan interval is I incread the Max Messages?  The FTP feed is an outbound feed.  Add on to that, if I change the scheduling do I need to change the FTP options on the next tab?

Thanks  ðŸ˜®

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yvonne,

The scan interval is how long between times Cloverleaf(R) scans the Directory which has the files you want to Get.

The Read Interval is how often Cloverleaf(R) reads the files it found in the scan (affected by the scan interval above).

The Max Messages is the number of messages read from the file read at one time.

I think all the times are in seconds.

So assume: scan interval 6000 (10 minutes); read interval 10; max message 30.

The directory pointed to will be scanned every 10 minutes for files.

If files are found after a scan, the first file will be read every 10 seconds and will retrieve 30 messages every read until the file is exhausted. The next file in the list of files retrieved via the scan will be read every 10 seconds and 30 messages every read and so on until all the files from the current scan are read.

Then the process all starts over the next scan.

I think that is correct.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com

Yvonne Gaffney
      Participant

And what if the Inbound Directory is not defined?  Is the process going to be checking the recovery database at that interval for data to send?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yvonne,

No – you have to tell the protocol where the files are to be found. So you need to specify a directory.

Thanks,

Jim Kosloskey

Yvonne Gaffney
      Participant

Just to make sure we are talking the same thing. Are you talking about the directory on the “Fileset Options” tab or on the “FTP Options” tab?  I do specify an Outbound directory on the FTP options tab.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yvonne,

Is this an outbound thread?

If so I misunderstood. I do not think the various intervals come into play with an outbound Fileset/FTP thread.

Yes you need to specify an Outbound directory on the FTP Options Tab (as well as the host information).

Thanks,

Jim Kosloskey

Yvonne Gaffney
      Participant

So I cannot get the Cloverleaf to send more than one message at a time?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags