Failed Message In Xlate

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Failed Message In Xlate

• Creator
    Topic
    Robert Milfajt
    Participant

We had a problem yesterday in which we put in a change and did not move in VRL properly causing the new A04 route for our main ADT feed to fail for all messages on that route for about an hour.  We are noticing now that all of our outbound systems did not receive some A04s from yesterday.

From my level II training, I remember something about a message failing in an Xlate for one route means that it fails for all routes for that message.  Can someone refresh my memory on how that works?

Our recovery now is proceeding on this belief, so if I am wrong, the sooner I know the better.

Thanks,

Robert Milfajt
    Northwestern Medicine
    Chicago, IL

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Robert,

You are correct; if a message fails in translation, it does not go outbound to anyone.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Tom Rioux
      Participant

Robert,

This is true.  I too recently put a change in and fat-fingered something.  Just by coincidence, we had about 300 A04 messages that failed before I noticed the error.

I was under the assumption that with 5.6 the “one fail they all fail” was a thing of the past.   I looked in my error database and the messages only showed the destination for which my change was made.  Later on, I started getting calls from users that had applications in the same process.

So, yes, if one xlate fails in the process, then the message fails for all.

Hope this helps..

Tom Rioux

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags