Fabricate an ACK in UPOC back to same thread

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Fabricate an ACK in UPOC back to same thread

• Creator
    Topic
    Keith McLeod
    Participant

I am looking for a way to generate an ACK from the UPOC protocol that would come back to the inbound on the same thread.  The ACK would only be created on Successful UPOC execution.  The OVER disposition is not to be used in the UPOC protocol.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Keith,

Does this need to be synchronous or can it be asynchronous?

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com

Keith McLeod
      Participant

Asysnchronous should be fine.  I have alerts that make use of the last read.  If the UPOC completes successfully, I would like to have an ACK back but will not receive one from the destination system. If I generate one on what the process interprets as successful, I can use the alerts without modification.  It is also a flag for me to view that the process is working correctly and that messages are flowing….

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Keith,

Well this is not pretty but how about putting an Ack in a file (one ack per file) inside your UPoC Thread and having another thread (Fileset/Local) which gets the ACK from the file and routes to the original source of the message?

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com

Keith McLeod
      Participant

I was hoping for a disposition of SEND or FORWARD or something. Your right, that is not pretty.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags