Dropped connection

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Dropped connection

• Creator
    Topic
    Hongle Sun
    Participant

Hello, all. I have one inbound thread, which need to be restart to make a connetion again once the foregine system go away and come back. But the thing is when the outbound connection go away, for example the foreign systme recycle, my inbound thread still show up, any idea?

Thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Gary Atkinson
      Participant

The foreign system is probably not disconnecting correctly, so the engine still thinks it has a connection.

Russ Ross
      Participant

I consider this a common problem and we mostly address it by using a last received alert that will recycle the thread if nothing comes across after a specified amount of time.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Hongle Sun
      Participant

Thanks, Ross. What do you think of the cause of problem? It is hard to determine the interval to recycle the thread.

Rick Brown
      Participant

Sometimes these routers & switches will break the connection if it is idle for a certain length of time.  This can cause this type of scenario.

Russ is right, create yourself an alert that checks last received and if it exceeds that threshold bounce the thread.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags