deleting certain IN segments

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf deleting certain IN segments

• Creator
    Topic
    Kevin Crist
    Participant

When our adts come out the always have at 1 inurance that is self pay. A person can have 1 or 2 other insurances but self pay will always in the message. I need to remove the IN1 segment that accompanies the self pay and also the IN2 segment that comes with it. I know i can iterate through the IN1’s and null out the first IN1 ( i think) but i am getting stumped on how to remove the IN2 segment that comes with it. Thanks for any observations.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Tom Rioux
      Participant

Hi Kevin,

I’m assume that you have your insurance segments set up as a group.  If so, here is something that I find works.  

First, make sure your outbound variant has the each of the individual insurance segments set up as OPTIONAL.   Even though the grouping may be set up as optional, if the IN1, IN2 etc are set up as required on the outbound variant., it may still show up when you attempt to NULL it out.

Second, set up your iterate to iterate on the group level.  Then in your xlate, use a PATHCOPY to NULL out that iteration of the group.

For instance:    PATHCOPY  @null –>  5(0).0(%g2)

This should give you what you need.  It has worked for me in the past.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope this helps…Tom

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Kevin,

I assume you are using BULKCOPY.

If not, there is no need to null anything out, just don’t PATHCOPY or COPY the segments you don’t want. You will probably need an IF Action but you should already know that.

Also, like Tom says, the IN2 and IN3 segments should be defined as optional in your outbound variant. The standard ADT structure has these segments as optional.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Kevin Crist
      Participant

I did a screen shot of what i have.i have tried a few different ways. I know  i making this more difficult than it is, got friday brain mush syndrome i think.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Kevin,

I don’t use PATHCOPY much but it almost seems like doing a PATHCOPY the way you are doing it is COPYing the entire group.

I am assuming the message display is your outbound message.

Have you tried using a couple of specifiec field COPYs for the IN1 segment instead of PATHCOPY just to see if that works?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags