Creating multiple messages from one message

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Creating multiple messages from one message

• Creator
    Topic
    Cathy Girard
    Participant

Greetings.

Has anyone created a tcl proc to create multiple ORU messages from one that that has the OBR:2 placer order number field repeating? We have a sending system that may send multiple accession numbers in OBR:2, but the receiving system needs to have each accession number be sent in a separate message.

Thanks!

Cathy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Cathy,

This is not a problem. I am assuming Xlate in use.

ITERATE over the repeating field (OBR-2).

In each Iteration do your message building and at the end of the ITERATION (but inside the ITERATION) do a CONTINUE Action.

You also need to do a SUPPRESS Action – I usually put that first thing in the Xlate so I don’t forget it.

Anything in the message which can stay the same for each iteration (like the MSH data) can be done just once before the iteration.

If the OBR group also repeats don’t forget to nest your field ITERATE inside the appropriate superior level(s).

Also don’t forget to repeat the counters in the basis paths throughout the nesting iterations – if you have nested iterations.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags