Cloverleaf Windows Patching Question

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Windows Patching Question

• Creator
    Topic
    Tom Righele
    Participant

Good afternoon all-

My company currently has a Windows 2012 sever that Clover 6.1.2 is installed on. Since I’ve worked here, we’ve been patching/rebooting this server every quarter. However, our security team has recently reached out to ask us why we are not patching every month. Are there any risks involved with rebooting/patching our Cloverleaf server every month? We would appreciate any feedback to avoid doing this so we can minimize the amount of times we need to bring down Cloverleaf.

Thank you!

Tom

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      bill bearden
      Participant

We are almost exclusively a Windows shop. So, we also run Cloverleaf on Windows servers. We used to install patches on all Windows servers every other month. A few months ago we went to monthly patching. We install the patches on all the test servers, wait about 10 days, and then install on the production servers.

While I’m not a huge fan of monthly patching (and usually rebooting), I can’t say we’ve had any more issues with monthly patching than bi-monthly patching.

David Coffey
      Participant

INHS is an all windows shop, we patch monthly.  It is a completely hands off process.  We have site created scripting that manages the shutdown and restart of the engine.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags