Changing a Variant

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Changing a Variant

• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah Brennan Thies
    Participant

After changing (an existing) variant, is there an easy way to change all the associated Xlates (since the numbering sequence changes)?

Thanks for any help offered.

Sarah

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Hi Sarah,

I guess you use the #1 method to determine a specific field instead of using the field number. In this case there is something to say to use the field number instead of the #1. You wouldn’t have this problem then.

No easy way to change all the Xlates. I would edit them with a convenient editor and then find/replace the require field numbers. Start with the highest field number and then work your way down.

You may even want to consider to replace the #1 with the corresponding HL7 field number. This way if the Variant changes again, you don’t need to go through this all over again.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Sarah Brennan Thies
      Participant

Thanks Robert.

However, our problem centers on adding a group to the variant. Yikes!

Subsequently, updating the Xlates will be a slow and painful process 😉

Sarah

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Ah! Ok…

I would still use a good text-editor to find and replace the current field-paths with the new ones. Once again: starting from the bottom up.

But still: slow and painful…

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Joseph Benigno
      Participant

Robert Kersemakers wrote:

I guess you use the #1 method to determine a specific field instead of using the field number. In this case there is something to say to use the field number instead of the #1. You wouldn’t have this problem then.

I am not aware that there are 2 ways to determine a field. Could you explain each method please?

I want to make sure that at least going forward we use the field number.

Thanks

Tom Rioux
      Participant

Here are the two ways. Lets use PID-3 as an example…

One method is to use the HL7 Field number:  1(0).PID(0).00106

The other is to use the Segment Index Notation:  1(0).PID(0).#3

In 5.6 there is a check box you can use in the Client Preferences that will automatically use the Segment Index Notation.

Hope this helps…

Tom Rioux

Bala Pisupati
      Participant

I think when you chang a variant. if you reconfigure the xlate and save it. Compile it to make sure there are no errors. The changes will affect the Xlate.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags