Carefusion (Cardinal Health)

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Carefusion (Cardinal Health)

• Creator
    Topic
    Amol Kulkarni
    Participant

I am in the process of building an interface with Carefusion (Cardinal Health). The issue that I have run into is that they are not sending the outbound message in the MLP format. Has any one worked with this client and would you happen to know what driver i should be using?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cut and Paste of the message:

^KMSH|^~&|CareFusion|Mount Sinai Hospital|HIS|Mou

nt Sinai Hospital|20080111173755||ORU^R01|42|P|2.5|||||||||^MPID|||RB00002058||T

EST^TASTY^|||||||||||||RB00002058|||||||||||||||||||||^MPV1||R|TEST^^|||||||||||

Thanks

Amol Kulkarni

Mount Sinai Medical Center

212 659 1316

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||^MOBR|||42|VITALS|||20080111123814|||sys

admin|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||^MOBX|||V-TEMP||33|C|||||F|||200801111

238140000|||||^MOBX|||TSRC||Oral||||||F|||200801111237200000|||||^M^’

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Amol,

If you have not done this already, you need to assure the vendor cannot use MLP.

If the vendor is using a proprietary encapsulation, you need to find out specifically what that is.

Then, you will need to construct your own PDL (you may be able to make a copy of MLP and change that) to match what the vendor is using.

Thanks,

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Amol Kulkarni
      Participant

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. The vendor is indeed not following the MLP protocol and actually informed that in order to go to MLP they would have to change their core program. In any case I have asked that the vendor rewrite their code to the MLP specs.

Again thanks for your reply.

amol

John Hamilton
      Participant

You need to find the actual Hex codes they are using.

Then it becomes pretty easy to copy and modify the standard MLP.

Of course if they are radical different then it becomes more difficult.

They should be able to give you the actually codes.

Then you just need copy and modify the standard MLP and comply it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags