ASCII HL7 converted to EBCDIC??

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf ASCII HL7 converted to EBCDIC??

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Delahunt
    Participant

Hello,

(Cloverleaf 5.5)

I have created an FRL from an ASCII HL7 message but the receiving system needs the FRL to be converted to EBCDIC, are there any cloverleaf procs that will perform this conversion?

Thanks in advance!!

Mike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yes there is but I will be darned if I can recall it. In my previous life our main frame sent everything in EBCDIC so we had to convert it.

Sorry I can’t find it here but I’m sure it is a proc that did a table lookup but I can’t seem to find it.   I’m about 99% sure it came with Cloverleaf.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mike,

hcitpstblconvert is the proc you want.

It needs to have a translit table referenced as an argument.

{TABLENAME “xxxx”} where xxxx is the table name.

Look in the Cloverleaf doc for the provided tables but I have used ibm_a2e for ASCII to EBCDIC.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Mike Delahunt
      Participant

I placed hcitpstblconvert (args: {TABLENAME ibm_a2e}) on the outbound tps and it worked like a charm, thanks for all your help!

Mike

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Mike:

If you want your OB SMAT file to have ASCII data instead of EBCDIC data I would place that proc in prewrite instead of outbound

Mike Delahunt
      Participant

Charlie…I will test that tomorrow morning, thanks for the heads up….Mike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags