AIX – Best place/way to modify LIBPATH (mult odbc vers)

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf AIX – Best place/way to modify LIBPATH (mult odbc vers)

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

All,

I have a need to run multiple versions of the ODBC Drivers temporarily in our test environment.

I only need to do this for one or two sites (we are a multiple site environment).

I know I need to modify the LIBPATH environment variable.

I think I need to do it before the site starts (I could also do it inside the ODBC proc via an exec or system command but I doubt that would be effective for the ODBC Drivers).

There is a site_startup.ksh script in the $HCISITEDIR/scripts directory which seems like a potential location but I want to make sure the change I am making is only for this site and anything that runs in the engine for this site (or from the command line for that matter).

Is there a better place (I don’t want to affect all sites only specific sites – right now just one – possibly two)?

Also, will just doing a LIBPATH=:$LIBPATH hold for all the activities (including Tps procs) within this site or will I need to do something else (maybe like an export)?

Thanks

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com

• The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags