- This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 5 months ago by .
I completed our upgrade to QDX 5.6 Rev 2 yesterday without incident and I thought I would share a couple of observations.
1.) After the learning more about the auto-resend feature at the user conference, I decided to implement it here on all outbound HL7 threads. I’m only using the CHECK_ACK from the new recover_56.tcl posted here by Charlie, in the TPS Inbound Reply. Because it handles the Kills and KillReplys, there is no need for the new hcitpsmsgkill. Much easier to implement and it works perfectly.
2.) The new deactivate feature of the xlates is great! I had a little problem with a pathcopy throwing an error within one of my xlates. I just went in and deactivated that line. Beautiful!
3.) The setroot.cmd (I’m on Windoze) is a little more picky about upper and lower case on site names. With a site name of ‘aghlive’, the command ‘setroot e:quovadxqdx5.6integrator AGHLive’ would not work, but ‘setroot e:quovadxqdx5.6integrator aghlive’ would. The command itself would run, but not set the site completely. No biggie, just had to change a couple of legacy scripts.
This was by far my most successful upgrade…that is, the one with the fewest problems after go-live. Just thought I would share a little good news!
- The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.