- This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by .
We recently upgraded 2 new servers to:
CLV 5.6 (from 5.2)
Solaris 10 (from 8 )
and are experiencing major performance issues in our testing environment. We would expect major improvements, but performance has actually declined. We are unable to pinpoint if the issue is with the new servers, Solaris 10, or CLV 5.6.
One issue is that that installation guide for CLV recommends /etc/system settings that are now obsolete in Solaris 10, so we’re not sure if the new settings are set properly.
So, here are my questions:
1. Is anyone here running 5.6 on Solaris 10 in a high volume environment?
2. Does anyone have any ideas as how to run benhcmark tests to determine what resource is slowing down our system (server, CLV, OS)?
3. Does anyone know the Solaris 10 recomendations for /etc/system and /etc/project?
4. Does anyone know of any system monitoring we should be looking at to determine what resource is causing the poor performance? CPU usage is quite low (95%+ idle)
- The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.