XML Help

• Creator
    Topic
    Vidya Sridhar
    Participant

I am a newbie with XML based interfaces.

I need help with converting XML file to HL7 for an inventory interface. The vendor had given me a XML data file (inv10.xml) with some of the data populated. I went ahead and generated a xsd schema for it. I have compiled the .xsd file in XML Package Manager and used it in my Xlate to convert to a HL7 message for the receiving side. This works well when the fields are populated to the point the .xsd was generated. When new fields in the XML document that were not populated during the .xsd generation are valued, the validation on Cloverleaf fails. Is there a way to make all the fields optional in XML? What is the best fix for this issue?

Thanks!

Vidya Sridhar

Sr. Integration Analyst

CNMC Washington DC

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Ask – no demand – the vendor give you an XML schema for the XML message structure he is sending.

Why should you have to guess at his message structure?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

John Hamilton
      Participant

XML does not forgive you.

If your DTD does not have fields defined in it that come to you. It will always fail.

The vendor should have a schema they have too. Make them send it to you.  

If they can’t or refuse. You wil always have to redefine you DTD to include the new fields and accpet sometimes the messages will fail.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags