XLT If Statement Conditions

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf XLT If Statement Conditions

• Creator
    Topic
    Susan Ferraz
    Participant

I need to add an IF statement on the top of my XLT to filter messages that have certain Zip code.

For instance, IF ZipCode in (02109,02129,02108,02118,etc…)

I checked the document and the syntax in the If statement should be the following:

IF (ZipCode == =A||ZipCode == =B)

However, because the message is in XML the field name is very long, see example below:

soap:Envelope.soap:Body.GetCasesInfoResponse.GetCasesInfoResult.Facility.Patients.0(%g1).Patient.FacesheetData.SiteDetailReply.PID.Address.&Zip

and I’m supposed to add a very long list of zip codes to the condition.

Is there a better way to write the syntax of this condition?

something like for instance:

ZipCode == =(02109,02129,02108,02118,etc…)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Tom Rioux
      Participant

Depending on how many zip codes you have why not try the following

1.  Put your zip codes that you want to filter out in a table with a IN value of the zip code and the OUT value as “KILL”

2.  Have the Table copy statement take the inbound field and copy to a variable name like “@zipped” after translation.

3.  Then have an IF statement that checks the value of your variable.  If the value is equal to KILL then suppress the message

TABLE    ->  @zipped

COPY  IF @zipped eq =KILL

SUPPRESS

Hope this helps

Tom

Susan Ferraz
      Participant

Hi Tom,

I have a long list of zip codes so what you suggested will work for me.

Thank you so much for your response.

Susan

Tom Rioux
      Participant

If you have the zip codes in a spreadsheet, then you can create a 2 column spreadsheet.  The first column has the zip’s and the second column has “KILL” or “SUPPRESS” or whatever.  Save your file as a .csv file.

If you search on here someone has posted a tcl proc that creates tables from .csv files.  

Hope this helps…

Tom Rioux

Russ Ross
      Participant

Here is a clovertech post

<a href="http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1578&&#8221; class=”bbcode_url”>http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1578&amp;

that illustrates something similar where I used tps_msg_action to KILL or CONTINUE messages based on what I defined in my lookup table.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags