xlateGetHL7DTMseconds STRING Function – anyone get this to work?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf xlateGetHL7DTMseconds STRING Function – anyone get this to work?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

I note in the release of Cloverleaf 2022.09 which I have access to has an Xlate STRING Function called xlateGetHL7DTMseconds It is used by another function called xlateStrCalcAge and that works fine.

However, when I try to invoke xlateGetHL7DTMseconds as a Function – nothing happens.

I have tried to provide the date/time in the Source Panel and on the Function line of the function but neither works.

I am wondering if this function is not really intended to be a function in the STRING Function selection. Could be User error – I have been known to generate those.

Thanks

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      John Mercogliano
      Participant

Hi Jim,

I’ve seen that in the list with 20.1.  It turns out to be a regular function you can call from a tps or xlate proc but not meant to be called from within an xlate action.

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

John,

Thank you – I was beginning to suspect thar. I am guessing it was written as a Xlate Function in error and may get reconfigured in another release.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

OK I made a copy of xlateGetHL7DTMseconds and modified my copy so it can be invoked either by another proc or as a STRING Action Function. So now my copy also shows up in the Function list.

If anyone is interested in this copy, email me.

I have a couple of more Functions I would like to add that I think are useful and now I know how to do that.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to have a LIST Action with functions. There are times when list processing  is useful inside an Xlate and if there were built in functions for some of the common ones that might be useful.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags