Hello all,

Can we use wildcards in xlates?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Todd,

In 5.6 there is a ‘contains’ option for the IF and that might d what you want but there is no current wild card support in the IF that I am aware of.

What I do in the case you described is I use a Tcl proc to extract the fixed characters from the source to a temp variable (then I don’t care what trails the fixed portion). I then check the temp variable for the fixed portion (the * becomes implied).

The reason I do it this way is I already have a proc which will extract the characters I want from a field.

If I need something like ABC?123?*45* then I would have another gneric regsub proc.

The bottom line is you might need some Tcl.

It sounds like you need to complete a Product Enhancement Request (it is here on the forum) so that functionality can be considered.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Todd Yingling
      Participant

Thanks Jim.  You’re right, I used tcl in the xlate’s copy to solve my issue.  

It’s nice to know about the product enhancement requests.  We are upgrading to 5.5 – maybe 5.6 in the near future – so I doubt I will request anything right now.

Thanks again,

Todd Yingling

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags