xlate to analyze Pt Address

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf xlate to analyze Pt Address

• Creator
    Topic
    Ross Stolle
    Participant

While we have a lot of threads up and running, we haven’t used any Xlate’s yet.  So, I have what I’m sure is a very easy question about how to set one up.  I have an HL7 ADT interface.  I want to look at the message and if the patient address is blank, then populate it with the guarantor address, otherwise leave the patient address as is.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Vince Angulo
      Participant

Yes, this is pretty straightforward.  When you configure the translation, if you use the same or identical HL7 variants for source and target that really simplifies things.

First do a BULKCOPY to move the entire message from source to target, then using and IF to correct the address.

We’ll have an IF to test if PID-11(0) eq @null.  If this is the case you’ll need a field level ITERATE to COPY GT1-5(%f1) to PID-11(%f1).  %f1 is the iteration variable that will count through the subcomponents.

There may be other methods, but if this is your first translate, this should be simple enough to get up and running.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags