Xlate issue with PATHCOPY

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Xlate issue with PATHCOPY

• Creator
    Topic
    Rehman Masood
    Participant

I am copying a DG1 to a DG1 segment using PATHCOPY. The source system sends DG1-26/DG1-27 which are not defined in the Hl7 2.5 schema for DG1 so I created a variant and added them manually for both incoming/outgoing sides. Now when I do my PATHCOPY, the Xlate won’t copy DG1-26/DG1-27. If I try to just use COPY, it copies them. If I validate my variant, it shows DG1-26/DG1-27. I can get this to work but am wondering what the root cause behind this is.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Peter Heggie
      Participant

What version of Cloverleaf and what platform are you on? Is the incoming data all printable characters?

Peter Heggie

Rehman Masood
      Participant

We are on aix/5.7. Yes, it is all printable character.

Terry Kellum
      Participant

Did you do an HL7 test on the inbound data using your variant?  I’ve had issues with field length or type that were not obvious until I dug into the minutiae of the variant.

Chris Williams
      Participant

If memory serves, when you use PATHCOPY it copies individual fields according to their HL7 item numbers. If the number in the inbound variant doesn’t match the item number in the outbound, it won’t copy the field across.

Rehman Masood
      Participant

Terry Kellum wrote:

Did you do an HL7 test on the inbound data using your variant?

Rehman Masood
      Participant

Chris Williams wrote:

If memory serves, when you use PATHCOPY it copies individual fields according to their HL7 item numbers. If the number in the inbound variant doesn’t match the item number in the outbound, it won’t copy the field across.

Let me try to number them same and see what happens.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags