Xlate: Issue getting hex 0d in field using COPY Action

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Xlate: Issue getting hex 0d in field using COPY Action

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

Cloverleaf 2209, Windows.

I have had an occasion where I needed to populate an OB field with the value hex 0d.

I believe, in prior releases (6.x) I accomplished this by simply using a COPY where the Source is ‘=\x0d’.

When I try this in Cloverleaf 2209, that gets converted to a hex 0a.

I can COPY =\x1c (or any other hex code I think) with the expected results just not \x0d.

It looks like the Xlate Configurator changes the 0d to a 0a as the Source appears in the GUI (not on the properties of the COPY Action) as ‘= ‘ (note the non-printable character after the =) so that the COPY is copying 0a and not 0d.

I think that is not right. Unless someone can point out how that is as designed, I consider it to be a bug. If someone could try this on a 6.x release of Cloverleaf (where I think I last did this using the COPY), I would appreciate the sanity check.

In case you need to do the same in whatever release of Cloverleaf you are on, and the straightforward COPY is not functioning as expected, here is what I did to get around that.

I used a CONCAT with the Source having @null @null and the Seperator value set to \x0d. That worked as desired.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Peter Heggie
      Participant

I like that solution Jim!

Peter Heggie

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Hi Jim,

Very weird behaviour. Can you use ‘\r’ instead of ‘\x0d’?

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Bob,

Let me give that a try…

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Nope – same effect with =\r

Jim Vilbrandt
      Participant

Hi Jim,

In HRL definitions, you need to use ‘\xd’. You might try that.

Regards, Jim

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Jim,

This is not an HRL (I have successfully used \x0d in the Termination field of the Global Properties for a VRL of an HRL) it is just a message that needed to have hex 0d in a field.

I tried your suggestion and no joy. Same effect – converted to hex 0a.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags