xlate "IF" help

• Creator
    Topic
    Tom Arrowsmith
    Participant

I am trying to specify a number of values in an “IF” statement – many of which include the forward slash character (/).

Here’s the entry I have:

1(0).PRA(0).#3(0).[0] eq=Deceased || 1(0).PRA(0).#3(0).[0] eq=Duplicate Provider || 1(0).PRA(0).#3(0).[0] eq=Inactive ||  1(0).PRA(0).#3(0).[0] eq=Inactive/AHP || 1(0).PRA(0).#3(0).[0] eq=Inactive/Resident || 1(0).PRA(0).#3(0).[0] eq=Inactive/Student ||  1(0).PRA(0).#3(0).[0] eq=Unknown

This errors out…

I can get it to work if I put all the ones with spaces or the forward slash in a variable and then refer to that variable… but that’s kind of tedious. Is there another way?

Also, do I have to have so many “OR”s? (||) ? or is there another way to do this in an xlate?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Tom,

One way to solve both issues is to put the values you ar checking for in a Lookup Table.

Each value then woudl be associated with a ‘true’ value (like Y) and the default a ‘false’ value (like N).

The in the Xlate do a lookup of the 1(0).PRA(0).#3(0).[0] filed against the Table putting the result to a temp variable.

Then one If seeing if the temp variable from the lookup us ‘true’ (like a Y) will tell you if the 1(0).PRA(0).#3(0).[0] contained any of the literals in the Lookup Table.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Ryan Spires
      Participant

I would prefer to do as Jim suggested…. a lookup table…

However, if you want a simple list (one that would require mod of code to maintain)

Then you could do something like:

tcl>set praList

Deceased {Duplicate Provider} Inactive Inactive/AHP Inactive/Resident Inactive/Student Unknown

tcl>lsearch $praList $data

This will return a -1 if no value found or the index of where it is found in the list.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags