xlate file not opening

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf xlate file not opening

• Creator
    Topic
    Stevie Jamin
    Participant

I’m getting an error message when opening a .xlt file to work with it in the GUI.  I’m getting a box that says “file load filed”.  The exception information states “EOF before end of TCL list null”.  Has anyone experienced this before?  I’d hate to have to re-create the translation over from scratch.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      bill bearden
      Participant

Stevie,

I was able to duplicate this by deleting the last closing curly brace in a .xlt file and then trying to open it in the GUI. So, I suspect that you are trying to open a partial xlate file.

The first thing I would do is look in the revisions folder for the last copy that was still good.

We keep revisions but I’m not sure everyone does. If you can’t find something in revisions, you might try editing the .xlt file in a text editor. Max D recommends vi, I think :-). The goal would be to find the missing braces, put them back in and then try again to open the .xlt in the GUI. Whether this is worth it or not will depend on how much of the file is missing.

Good luck

Stevie Jamin
      Participant

Ah!  I see we keep revisions as well.  I was able to pull a good copy.  Thank you so much!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags