Xlate Debugger tool Presentation

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Xlate Debugger tool Presentation

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

I have produced a Presentation on the Xlate Debugger tool. The goal is to provide a mechanism for more people who may not be familiar with debugger tools to come to accept this tool as an asset.

Personally, I find the tool to be of great assistance.

Included in the Zip file is:

• The Presentation
    • The actual Xlate used in the presentation so one can actually follow along.
    • An IB message file to use with the Xlate.

Let me take time here to thank my Colleague and friend Russ Ross for starting me down this path by his production of a very worthwhile Word Document on the same topic.

Naturally, there are no warranties (and no charge). Parts (or all) of this could be completely wrong but it is a start.

Feel free to contact me should you have any questions. Comments are welcome directly or here on the forum.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

OK that did not work. I am not going to dance around trying to get something uploaded in this forum – So, if you want the presentation, email me and I will send the .zip file directly to you.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

James Cobane
      Participant

Jim – Thanks for putting the time into the presentation and sharing!

Jerry Sawa
      Participant

I agree with James.  Thank you.

Jeff Dawson
      Participant

Agree with the group, any extra documentation to help understand this debugging feature is greatly appreciated.

Peter Heggie
      Participant

Yes absolutely. Have sent email.

Thank you!

Peter Heggie

Paul Stein
      Participant

Jim – thanks for putting this together. Email sent.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

OK I am going to try one more time to upload. The file extension will be .txt but you should just be able to change it to .zip once you download and it should be OK.

If there are any issues, you can always email me.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Forget it…

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Russ Ross pointed out to me my file is 3M, the upload limit is 1M.

So, would not work no matter what.

DOH!!

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I should have mentioned if you are on an earlier release than 19.2 (I think), the debugger is not very reliable.

This presentation and example were done on 2209.

I hope this has not caused anyone any issues.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

OK this has been out there for a while. I am now looking for a little feedback. I know there are some syntax errors in the text and revisiting that is on my ‘ to do whenever I get a chance’ list.

I thought I would simply add a poll to the post but I don’t see how to do that to an existing post.

So, just some sort of feedback (Yes, no is OK) would be appreciated.

If this is not useful, I will delete the post so that others don’t waste their time.

Thank you

Jerry Sawa
      Participant

Hi Jim.   The attachment was blocked on our side.  I entered a ticket with our support back on April 19, they just got to the ticket today.  Ugh.   Anyway, they want to know if you can resend the file as they can’t find it.   Would you please resend?

Thanks,  Jerry

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags