Xlate Creation HL7 to XML for WSDL Immunization (SIMON) project

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Xlate Creation HL7 to XML for WSDL Immunization (SIMON) project

• Creator
    Topic
    Bobby Harris
    Participant

Hoping some of the experts can provide some assistance with a SOAP project.

Background: Sending Immunization data to South Carolina (SIMON). We have existing sftp setup and are now required to modify to use WSDL with SOAP.

Challenge: I have made some good progress. My challenge is how to create an xlate to translate HL7 to XML to send and then XML to HL7 to receive? I am not sure how to perform the HL7 to XML mapping in configuration tool.

As a newbie to CL and Web Services, this project is proving to be “interesting”

We have CAA, with CL 6.2 on Windows.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

You will need an XML Schema or DTD (Schema is better) then you can compile that using the Cloverleaf XML builtin tool for compiling XML Scheme/DTD. Hopefully the XML owner will provide you with the Schema or DTD.

Once that is compiled you reference the compiled XML in your Xlate just like your HL/7 Message. Configure your IB or OB to point to the compiled XML as appropriate.

All of the Xlate Actions then can be usd to reference the HL/7 and the XML.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Bobby Harris
        Participant
        Thank you for your response!
        YOU STATED: You will need an XML Schema or DTD (Schema is better) then you can compile that using the Cloverleaf XML builtin tool for compiling XML Scheme/DTD. Hopefully the XML owner will provide you with the Schema or DTD.
        RESPONSE:
        Per the (SIMON) WSDL file, I used CL and managed to generate multiple xsd files.
        1. connectivityTest_include0.xsd    Resides in own folder with           connectivityTest_include0.ocm and .ocmindex
        2. submitSingleMessage_include0.xsd    Resides in own folder with submitSingleMessage_include0.ocm and .ocmindex
        * Each file below has an OCM File with same
        3. connectivityTest_input.xsd
        4. connectivityTest_output.xsd
        5. submitSingleMessage_input.xsd
        6. submitSingleMessage_output.xsd
        YOU STATED: Once that is compiled you reference the compiled XML in your Xlate just like your HL/7 Message. Configure your IB or OB to point to the compiled XML as appropriate.
        RESPONSE: Not sure how to reference the compiled XML in my Xlate – assuming the above files are the ones I should use. Is this done in the Translation configurator? I tried using Source as HL7 and Destination as XML.
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Yes you select the appropriate HL/7 variant and XML .ocm in the Xlate tool.

If you would like some direct assistance, email me and I will provide whatever assistance I can.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags