Windows 8

• Creator
    Topic
    DAVID SPENSER
    Participant

Any information on Cloverleaf 5.8 client compatibility with Windows 8?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Davin Studer
      Participant

I’m having trouble installing 5.7 on Windows 8.

Davin Studer
      Participant

Setting the compatability mode on the install file to XP SP3 worked!

Wade Harrell
      Participant

I was able to install the 5.8 client just fine on Windows 8 and it runs fine but I cannot install the patch (install_patch.cmd). I can’t figure out how to change the compatibility on it but I don’t know that it would work anyway because you have to install it via command line.

Has anyone gotten this patch installed for Windows 8?

Also, what ramifications are there if I run just the 5.8 client?

Gina Borden
      Participant

We have a new pc with Windows 8, and are also having trouble installing the 5.8.5.0 patch.  Has anyone found a way to get the patch to install correctly?

Thanks,

Gina

Joseph Slaker
      Participant

I realize this is an old thread, but if anyone’s struggling with this, it’s definitely possible.

It’s been a few months, so I forget the exact details, but if you open up install_patch.cmd, there’s an explicit Windows version check toward the end of the script. It checks for NT versions 5.1/5.2/6.0/6.1 and bombs if it’s something different. That’s a problem since W8 is 6.2 and W8.1 is 6.3.

I don’t remember whether I added a check for the correct version or just ripped out the OS version check altogether. Fairly certain you’ll also need to either right click –> run as administrator or launch it from an admin command prompt for it to work as well.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Operating Systems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags