Windows 7 and the Client

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Windows 7 and the Client

• Creator
    Topic
    Don Anderson
    Participant

Is Windows 7 compatable with running the IDE Client 5.6

I’m having issues

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jeff Dinsmore
      Participant

The trick is to run the client in Vista compatibility mode.

Have a look at this post for more detail

http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=5706

Jeff Dinsmore
      Chesapeake Regional Healthcare

Bob Richardson
      Participant

Greetings,

I dug up some old Release Notes for 5.6 (we are now on 5.7R2 and 5.8R5 with plans to go all 5.8R5) and the client is certified to run only on Windows Business Vista and XP SP1 and SP2.   I do believe we got away with running on XP SP3.

You can try to re-install the client on your Windows 7 platform by selecting

Properties > Compatibility > XP SP3 (for example).  That is on the setup.exe

program.

We did that for our 5.7 client as the install CD did not recognize Windows 7

as a valid client platform.

Hope this helps you out.

Donna Snider
      Participant

Changed to a new Windows 7 system.  Moved Cloverleaf 5.6 client over.  When tried to run received errors.  Found the post on running 5.6 client on Windows 7.  Followed the instructions in the link to the post

(http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=5706) installing using compatibility mode Vista pk 2.

Received message “Remove CLOVERLEAF(R) Integration Servides v5.6 will be removed from this machine. Do you want to continue?”  Replied Y, and received error “Unable to use ntutils.dll”.  

Did scans and regedit and removed all occurrences related to 5.6, and rebooted.

Attempted the install again, and again received the same error.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions on how to fix and get 5.6 to install?

Donna Snider
      Participant

Update to my problem. I restored files from and backup.  Tried running IDE w/Windows Vista Pk 2 and appears to working now.

Russ Ross
      Participant

Welcome to the club of those of use running Cloverleaf 5.6 IDE on Win 7.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

John Stafford
      Participant

I am running 5.5 on Windows 7, and the only change I recall making was to use the Windows Classic theme. This disables any of the Aero functionality. A lot of (legacy) application GUIs are not compatible with the Aero visual effects.

Might be worth a shot, if the compatibility modes do not work.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags