Windows 10

• Creator
    Topic
    Charlie Bursell
    Participant

Has anyone been able to run Cloverleaf on Windows 10?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Greg Tataryn
      Participant

I got 6.1.1 client up and running on Windows 10. I installed 6.1 without issue, but I found a post from Brent Fenderson here on the forums that had an updated script to install the 6.1.1 patch. I have attached his script here.

So far I have seen no issues on Windows 10.

EDIT:

Now the attachment should show. I forgot to change it from a .cmd to a .txt so it would post.

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Greg:

I see no script attached.  I cannot use the SMATDB GUI with Windows 10 and also get an error when trying to run docs from the GUI.  The engine seems to run OK

I know Windows 10, especially 32-bit is not formally supported but we have been able to use Cloverleaf on a lot of machines not formally supported.

Looks like W10 is an exception  🙁

Charlie, in case you did not see it, he updated his post with the attachment.

You can modify the install .bat file to skip the OS check. You can also install in Win7 compatibility mode or in a virtualbox VM (which is what I do to handle the many different versions of Cloverleaf).

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Greg Tataryn
      Participant

Just FYI, so far everything seems to be working well in Windows 10. I did get some Java errors while resending SMAT data to file the other day. It was not clear though if it was an issue within Windows 10 specifically or a Java issue. It is not happening consistently, only sporadically.

Brent Fenderson
      Participant

Greg, the java errors are resolved in CL 6.1.2

Rehman Masood
      Participant

I have been using it on Windows 10 for almost a year. So far so good!

Nick Schneider
      Participant

Has anyone seen and issues with Client version 6.1.1 install on windows 10 specifically related to smatdb being really slow?

Bob Schmid
      Participant

so I am running 611 client, windows 7

1. can I install the patch BEFORE windows 10 upgrade?

2. Is the patch attachment in this converstation all I need?

– simply run install_update_w10 ?

ty

and once doing this…..there have been no issues experienced by you guys?

we are not using smatdb at this time.

Bob

James Cobane
      Participant

Bob,

If you already have 6.1.1 installed on your Windows 7 machine, and you are upgrading you machine to Windows 10 (vs. a fresh install), there shouldn’t be anything you need to do.

If you are doing a full refresh of your machine to Windows 10 and need to re-install of 6.1.0 and the 6.1.1 update, then you would need to run the modified install_update script for the 6.1.1 patch.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags