Where to place command line Tcl Procs in Windows O/S?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Where to place command line Tcl Procs in Windows O/S?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

All,

Really my first time needing to use some command line Procs I wrote in a Windows Environment.

What location is the best place to put them and do I need to use a .bat file?

Thanks

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jeff Dinsmore
      Participant

For basic Tcl function on Windows, you’ll need to have a Tcl interpreter installed.

You can then run a wish or tclsh shell and run interactive Tcl commands from there – or you could source them from a file.

Perhaps that’s too simplistic an explanation…

What is it you’re looking to accomplish?

Jeff Dinsmore
      Chesapeake Regional Healthcare

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Jeff,

It is a Cloverleaf server running on Windows and I have some command line Tcl procs I use with Cloverleaf I would like to place there to aid in analysis, etc.

Jim

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

James Cobane
      Participant

Hi Jim,

Hope all is well.  My assumption would be that you would put them in the ‘$HCIROOT\usercmds’ folder the same as on AIX as the directory structure on Windows should be the same as on AIX.  I would also assume (perhaps incorrectly) that you would need a .bat extension.

Good luck!

Jim Cobane – Henry Ford Health

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

As I told Jim already.  In Windows, as in Unix, there is a path to $HCISITEDIR/scripts and $HCISITEDIR/bin.  <i>The </i>scripts directory already exists, you must create the bin directory.  So you can put procs or other executables under either sub-directory.

Also, in Windows, if you add the .htc extension to each file  and then make sure the extension htc is associated with Tcl you can call direct.  Associate with:
      $HCIROOT/tcl/bin/tcl.exe

You can also run direct from the command line with:  tcl <file name>.  And, as stated you can always bring up a Tcl shell to run commands or a proc.

In the above you can use the command tcl and  hcitcl are interchangeable.

All of the above are great for testing Tcl code prior to executing in the engine.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags