What version of AIX do we need for release 21.1.0.0 ?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf What version of AIX do we need for release 21.1.0.0 ?

Tagged: , , ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Peter Heggie
    Participant

I noticed that version 20.1.1.3 is now available, and for AIX, the OS level required is 7.1 TL5 or 7.2 TL4.

We are planning on upgrading the OS on our Cloverleaf AIX servers in June or July and it would be a big help to know what the minimum level of OS / tech level is for Cloverleaf 21.1 when it comes out? Will 7.2 TL4 be enough? What do you recommend?

Thank you

Peter Heggie

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jay Hammond
      Participant

This came up a couple of years ago and I dug the following up from a couple Infor support cases where I’d asked the same question:

I’ve opened two separate Incidents with Infor when planning for OS or Cloverleaf upgrades and have been told the following on 8/1/17:

We mainly care about the core version of the OS.
      In your case 7.1 is a supported platform.
      We do not test or certify against all TL or patches.
      We document the TL we tested in the rel notes.

And this past week (8/20/19) was told pretty much the same by different support staff at Infor:

The PowerHA is transparent to CL and is not a concern.
      The TL levels are not a concern either as we mainly care about the supported core version.
      For example AIX 7.1, 7.2, etc..
      The TL in the release notes is the TL that was certified/tested at the time of release.

Peter Heggie
      Participant

Thank you

I was not sure about the tech levels. When we upgraded to 19.1, the Cloverleaf TCL library conflicted with the existing AIX SSH software when invoking SFTP (in batch scripts). We were told that we needed to upgrade to a newer version of SSH (one which also included TLS 1.3), but we could not apply the newer version of SSH until we upgraded the OS to a newer tech level.

Peter Heggie

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags