What is CLAPI? is it new for Cloverleaf 6.2?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf What is CLAPI? is it new for Cloverleaf 6.2?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Peter Heggie
    Participant

I see references to CLAPI. I must have dozed off when this was discussed. What is it?

Peter Heggie

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Levy Lazarre
      Participant

CLAPI (Cloverleaf API) is a new RESTful Web Service running on Tomcat that allows external applications to access Cloverleaf configurations via standard RESTful Web Services HTTP methods. So basically it’s about exposing NetConfigs, Xlates, Tables, Variants, SMATs to outside applications using REST interface.

The documentation states that, through CLAPI, we can create, edit, and delete Cloverleaf objects. It was introduced with CIS 6.1.2 and greatly enhanced in CIS 6.2.

In order to run CLAPI, you must have Basic or Advanced Security in place.

I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet.

🙂

Peter Heggie
      Participant

It sounds interesting. I’ve always loved APIs. I’d like to see what people can do with it.

Peter Heggie

Lee Anne Caruso
      Participant

This is probably why Infor Support is requesting to setup basic security for Cloverleaf V6.2 to work without java core dumps.

Dirk Engels
      Participant

Has anyone tried to use the new api in Java ?

Arie Klop
      Participant

I would really like to use clapi for my monitoring solution. I have heard through the grapevine that the future of this api is in doubt. Can anyone please confirm that i can safely build on it without losing my work in the future?

Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

Sorry, what grapevine? CLAPI is not going away. If anything it will continue to be enhanced.

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Arie Klop
        Participant

Thank you for the reassurance, i will definitely be using the API then. Must have been fake news.

Arie Klop
      Participant

Is there a way to fetch the status report for a thread or a number of threads, including pending messages and Error msg via clapi?

James Cobane
      Participant

Rob,

Are there any upcoming webinars or similar in regards to enabling and using the Cloverleaf APIs (CLAPI)?  We have a lot of Tcl scripts to extract information from NetConfig, get monitor statistics, etc.  I would like to look at converting these over to CLAPI functions/calls if this is the long-term strategy for getting this type of information.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Cobane – Henry Ford Health

Lisa Nanney
      Participant

Does anyone have any config examples of using HTTPS RESTful?  We are starting to work with Agiliti Health to send ADTs and they want to use RESTful which we have not done.  We are on Cloverleaf 20.1.0.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Lisa Nanney.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags