What department is your Cloverleaf position in?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf What department is your Cloverleaf position in?

• Creator
    Topic
    Debra Downs
    Participant

Clovertechers,

This may seem like an off-the-wall question.  Our current Cloverleaf position is in our CIS Department due to the majority of the data being clinical in nature, and the fact that it’s my position and I prefered CIS to IS at the time.

I’m moving on to another position within CIS, but now IS wants to take the position back due to it being technical in nature.

I would like to find out from those of you interested in responding, which department is Cloverleaf based in at your facility, and is there a specific reason why.

Thank you in advance,

Debbie Downs

Kadlec Medical Center

Richland, WA

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

We are in Information Systems. The group is called the “Interfaces and Integration Group”.

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Glenn Friedenreich
      Participant

Hi Debbie – Our interface team (6 of us) is part of the clinical systems group within our IT department.  The IT department also has a financial systems group and an infrastructure group.  But since the majority of our interfaces are clinical in nature, it made sense to have us as part of the clinical group.

– Glenn

Kevin Crist
      Participant

debbie, we have ours in IS. Part of our staff  clinical analyst, and financial analyst. There are two of us who deal with Cloverleaf itself. We have a few departments that have their server’s and applications in their own department but are not IT people and want us to do the keep-up on.

Vince Angulo
      Participant

Hi Debbie,

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Hello Debbie,

The two of us are part of the group ‘Application Management’ and belong to the ICT department.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Alan James
      Participant

We’re small, so our CIS is our IS…  It’s the age-old question for which my philosophy is:  you need a clinical background to truly understand and perform the technical functions of your systems support.  In a perfect world, you’d have the systems analyst who knows tcl, has had Quovadx training, and started life in an allied health field with several years of that experience.  It wouldn’t hurt to know database design and to be an HL7 expert, a DICOM authority, and a pretty fair sysadmin kind of person.  None of which is helping you with your question, is it?  If I had to choose, I’d put the interface engine with the clinical folks.

Eric Sligh
      Participant

Ours in in our IS department but we do not have a CIS department. I am the only engine person at our hospital. That is not always a good thing.

Gary Atkinson
      Participant

I am the only interface person in our IS department.  I also maintain some Cerner modules.  I guess I am a hybrid IS person.  I had 10 years laboratory experience, before moving to IS 3 ago.  I think it does help in understanding the clinicians needs when implementating a new clinical interface.  By no means am I a Tcl guru, but I get by.   8)

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

CIS is part of IS in our facility, but Cloverleaf falls under the auspice of the Analytics and Data Services team.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Richard Hart
      Participant

With the current Health IT contract, we started off as a team within Tech Services, now we are a team with the Application Portfolio Management group.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags